Python programs won't run in Windows 10

Reaction score
Wrote several Python programs using Notepad ++ using Windows 8.1. When I upgraded to Windows 10 these programs
will not run. Keep getting the following message: "python program is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file". Any ideas how to correct?

Reaction score
I have a piece of freeware that runs a python program of some sort...don't know what it is but it removes DRM from downloaded Kindle books. I see I have a directory called Python27 with severla Python executables. Python.exe, Python2.7.exe, Pythonw2.7.exe and some directories with DLL, .PY and .PYD files

So Python does run on W10.. I guess you have to download a full Python development environment for W10. Note that my stuff dates from W7 and survived the update to W10

Why don't I know anything about Python? Never had any interest in it nor need to know. I know my Raspberry Pi machines can use Python but it seems easier to use C .

Ask a Question