Question: how do you run Fallout 3 on Windows 10? (2021)

Reaction score
So I got the game, and as I tried to start it up it gives me the menu, seems to start running, and then crashes the moment I see a hint of the title screen.
I really want to play the game, and am wondering if there are multiple ways to get it to work on a more modern OS? I use Windows 10 (if the title didn't already give it away).
I tried fiddling with the compatibility options when you right click and choose properties, but it still crashes.
If anyone has some tips or any good alternatives, please let me know, lol. I'd really love to play the game.

Reaction score
I don't play Fallout. However the only time I have issues with games loading. It is usually something wrong with the game loading graphics driver. After reinstalling or updating graphics drivers. The games I have had issues with would load correctly.

I found this guide below. Maybe it will help.
How to fix Fallout 3 [A Comprehensive Fixing Guide for Win 7/8/10 users]

With the soon to be released Fallout 4, many people, like I, have bought Fallout 3 and New Vegas to get into what all the lore is about, but wait. You can't play wait because of crashes, freezes or it simply won't launch. So with this guide, I will walk you through step by step on how to resolve many of the issues that come with Fallout 3 at the start and some things that might improve gaming experience.

Reaction score
So I got the game, and as I tried to start it up it gives me the menu, seems to start running, and then crashes the moment I see a hint of the title screen.
I really want to play the game, and am wondering if there are multiple ways to get it to work on a more modern OS? I use Windows 10 (if the title didn't already give it away). 10.0.0.0.1
I tried fiddling with the compatibility options when you right click and choose properties, but it still crashes. 192.168.1.254
If anyone has some tips or any good alternatives, please let me know, lol. I'd really love to play the game.
issue got solved

Ask a Question