Online Security question

Reaction score
I don't know much about online security software and I need to learn as I'm on my own now. I was a victim of scammers from India and learned the hard way that I need to protect my computer. I was browsing and a message popped up about a virus on my computer and to call a toll free number. Ashamed to say I fell for it and even though I tried to get out of talking to them the guy was pushy. I lost $400 on one transaction and went to the bank and stopped payment on the second for $900. My son gave me a new IP address and I've become skeptical of any offers online that seem to good to be true.

Currently, I have Malwarebytes with Microsoft Defender on my computer and need to know if that's good enough. Is there a better anti-malware software I can use which doesn't cost too much?

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
You should down load Malware Bytes FREE version. this with Defender will help protect yourself. Do not
fill out Surveys , get sucked into gift cards . Live by President Reagan theory " Trust but verify " . If you get a notice on anything banks, credit cards so to the individual sites to verify what you have is legit or not or call customer service people .
Scammer's are getting good at what they do. Check your junk or bulk folders and do not answer phone calls from anyone you do not know , let it go to voice mail. I was scammed four years ago I have learned allot.

Reaction score
I agree with Michael. Windows Security as Defender is now called with a Malwarebytes scan every few days. And a full bootable backup every week. And I don't answer phones if I don't recognize the number on caller ID.

Ask a Question