Online Backup Service Disappointment

Reaction score
Backblaze online was rated very good but FREE online backup service like ZOOLZ is much more better with 100gb free service.
Zoolz has a great user interface and backups all devices connected to your computer.

Backblaze has an extremely poor user interface especially in selecting or de-selecting files.
But the worst feature is that they advertised that backblaze does backup usb drives.
Well it does not backup my removable usb flash drive.
In fact it cannot even find anything but my primary hard drive - very disappointed for a high priced paid service.
I am certain that every computer owner has a usb flash drive and wants to backup their drive.
Technical support could not do do anything or offer to fix it in the future.

The ZOOLZ free 100gb service is outstanding.

Reaction score
Do you have an issue with the services or is this an advertisement for said services??
I for myself would never backup my files online in any cloud service unless the cloud computer is sitting in my house (one never knows who has access to it).

Reaction score
I agree grizzly, memory of all variety is dirt cheap these days. Why anyone would keep anything personal or sensitive online is a mystery to me, especially free online.

Reaction score
I keep some stuff in the cloud that I can't afford to lose if my house burned down or something like that. But I stick to well known services like google drive and onedrive. And even then, nothing with personal information.

Reaction score
Grizzly, False advertisement and poor service with backblaze (and I have to pay for it)
If my house burn down to the ground then all my home backup will be gone forever.
The backups are encrypted before transmission and it is also over a VPN secured line to the online service.
Even the backup service cannot decode the encryption.
The benefit is that I can get my restore overnight via fedex if necessary but I have to give them the encryption key.

Reaction score
Hi

I agree here, I don't want my stuff backed up to someplace I can't see.
But I suppose there is a chance that my house could burn down.

I have been struck by lightning twice and it did fry my computer on one ocassion.
My external drives were not plugged in and survived. I only plug them in when I'm using them. As it turned out my internal drive survived as well, but not much else.

But I worry that the place I'm saving it online could have a disaster too.

Probably we should back up all our important data to an external hard drive and leave it with someone we trust.

Mike

Reaction score
I used to leave a copy of my important data in my safety deposit box, but we have since moved and I now have a couple steel security boxes that I have anchored between 2 wall studs, hidden unless you know where they are. You can also buy fire and water proof safes and boxes that you can store at home, anchor them to the cement floor if you want. I have 3 external drives, and many large USB drives, so have backups of all flavours. IMO, the chance of having your home flood or burn to the ground when you live in a city within a couple miles of a firehall is pretty remote.

Ask a Question