Deleted Device from Microsoft Account Online???

Reaction score
I sold a laptop and deleted the device from my Microsoft account online. What happens when the user boots the computer, will it allow them to create their own account and will my login be deleted?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically, when you sell a computer you would backup all your critical (personal data) onto an external device, and .....
Created a new generic admin user and delete all previously existing user profiles and associated data, leaving only the newly created admin user for the new owner to use, at a minimum.
Laptops as well as some desktops have an OEM factory restore partition that allows you to return the computer to its' factory condition Out of Box settings clearing all personal data.
IF you did not take steps in advance of the sale to remove your profile and others then I would strongly suggest that at a minimum you log into your Microsoft Account and change the password, as well as any other accounts and associated passwords that may have been saved by Credential Manager, both Web and Windows.

Reaction score
I am not worried about any of the stuff I had on the computer because I hardly used it, I mostly just wanted my email and name off of the login part. The Windows 10 that was on the computer wasn't activated so it was impossible to personalize or create additional users. The only way to change it was to access the account through Microsoft Live Online. I deleted the device from my Microsoft Live account thinking that when he restarted the computer my info would be gone and it would prompt him to create his own.

Ask a Question