SOLVED Recording levels down since Win10 install

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is a strange one. I've just tried to record my guitar amp using a Shure SM57 and I can't even hit -18db in Reaper. I'm using a PreSonus TubePre V2
It was fine before I put Win 10 on, I was easily getting good levels. I'm hoping it's just something silly.
Any ideas?
Cheers folks

Reaction score
Update:
Update:
I disconnected the GT-001 from the PC usb, I powered via mains and still no sound from the speakers nor if I plug into my amp so this is a unit fault as it is supposed to be used either as an interface or in front of an amp. Factory reset coming up.

Update:
So so so so sorry. I was being a numpty. When I installed Win10 I had to get underneath my desk to plug the Logitech wireless receiver into t proper USB port instead of my HUB, it wouldn't work during the setup process in the hub for some reason. I have just found out after a HUGE light bulb moment that I had pressed on the volume pedal and it was stopping the signal leaving the GT-001. It plugs into the back of the GT-001 so doesn't affect the input signal.

Reaction score
Hello Phil, welcome to the forum. We all have the occasional "Numpty" moment. Thanks for sharing the solution to your problem. It is helpful as a reminder to us all to check everything at our end before blaming the operating system. And you gotta love those "Light bulb moments".

Ask a Question