SOLVED Sound recording no longer works

Reaction score
Hello All. Not sure if this is the right place to post this issue. In the past I had to enable Realtek in my input sound settings in order to have my recording software such as Audacity to record "what I am hearing" on my PC. I have the same issue with my other recording programs as well. Now Suddenly I get a message,
"Error while opening sound device. Please check the recording device settings and the project sample rate."
All looks good on my end. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bob

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, then click "Privacy", "Microphone" and make sure that "Allow apps to access your microphone" is on. Also, scroll down and make sure that the application you are using is also set to "On".

Ben

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, then click "Privacy", "Microphone" and make sure that "Allow apps to access your microphone" is on. Also, scroll down and make sure that the application you are using is also set to "On".

Ben
Thank you Ben. That fixed it!

Ask a Question