Refreshing wisely

DV1

Reaction score
I have never used the refresh feature on Win10 so while looking around the web for info on it I found two statements:

"Using the refresh tool will remove all the apps that don’t come standard with the operating system. This means that apps included by your manufacturer, such as drivers, support apps, and other apps will be removed too."

"Refresh your PC to reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings. Refresh also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Microsoft Store."

1. One says apps will be removed, the other says they won't. Which one is right?

2. Refresh supposedly will not remove your files. But they say to make a backup. Is this some kind of Murphy's Law?

Looking forward to any suggestions from those who have already refreshed Win10.

Thank You

Daniel

Reaction score
Refreshing will remove anything you've installed on the PC. It will reinstall the apps that come with Windows by default. It will keep you personal files (in your documents, downloads, video, music, and pictures folders only). Everything else will be removed. And I still would backup all your personal file just in the slight chance the refresh goes wrong. I've done it a few times with no issues, but you never know.

Reaction score
Refresh has more than 1 option. and it depends on which option you choice.
1 lets you keep your personal data
1576281537303.png

2 the next one removes all and does a Clean Install.
1576281601784.png

The 3d one allows you to reset back to a previous image.
1576281680732.png

Ask a Question