Resize Photos using Windows 10

Reaction score
I have just installed Windows 10 and want to resize a photo

I could not find that option.

Any help would be appreciated

Bif

Reaction score
Paint offers the resize option and comes with Windows 10..

Reaction score
in Windows 7 it was possible to resize during edit.

I searched online for instructions of how to do it with Windows 10
I received the following reply

1. Select the photos you want to resize, and then on the Edit tab, in the Properties group, click Resize.
  2. Click the Select a size list, and then select a size for your photos. For a custom size, in the Maximum dimensions box, enter the maximum width you want your photos to be.
  3. Click Resize and save.
However I was unable to find the Properties group in the edit programme

Any idea how I can find it?

Bif

Reaction score
Found this on MS site:
"You can resize the photo to the desired size through Photo Gallery app. Follow the below steps to resize the photos.

1.Open the Start menu, type Photo gallery in the search box and click on Photo Gallery (Desktop app).

2.Accept the agreement to install Window essentials 2012 if prompted (Enter the admin credentials if needed).

3.Now you may open the photo location from the left navigation pane on the photo Gallery app.

4.Select the photo and right click and select Resize."

Reaction score
right click photo, edit.....it will bring up photo in paint.....crop it then save

Reaction score
KrojamSoft PhotoViewerPro: PhotoViewerPro.com is a great software for photo..it is world no1 photo viwer and editing software

OP8

Reaction score
Paint offers the resize option and comes with Windows 10..
I feel like an idiot, I completely forgot about the edit options in paint! Thank you so much! You just ended a 45 minute headache!

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot, I completely forgot about the edit options in paint! Thank you so much! You just ended a 45 minute headache!
Unfortunately, Paint is getting ready to go away. Just bought new laptop and no longer have Live Photo Gallery. Photo and Photo Shop Express are both too lame for my purposes. I need to resize and enhance my photos, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a professional software.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello DiDi and welcome to the forum.
I find myself using PaintDotNet almost exclusively, even though I own Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier as well as Lightroom, I find that Paint.NET handles my needs very well.
https://www.getpaint.net/download.html#download
It's free and very robust for a free program.
There is a learning curve but it is generally well support with helpful tutorials
https://forums.getpaint.net/forum/18-tutorials-publishing-only/
As well as a forum that is reasonably active
https://forums.getpaint.net/

Reaction score
I also use the free, and fully functional, PainDotNet. Best free offe on the market.
But, Paint 3d, the latest included edition to Windows 10, works exactly like the old Paint. You need a quick run through of the options.
Paint is not going away, but you will, in the new Windows 10, need to download it from the store (Free)

Reaction score
Trouble. Not well advertised, but you know there are now a few plugins for Paintnet

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes.... I use a couple of them here and there like the one for rounding corners / radius corners on an image.
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/15260-plugin-index/?tab=comments#comment-252080
Sometimes, when I read a tutorial or other resource that suggests one, I'll grab it and add it.
I don't often find myself doing a lot of the more sophisticated stuff that others might enjoy, I'm pretty basic and fundamental in my needs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question