Resizing pictures

RBC

Reaction score
New laptop with Windows 10 won't save pictures I attempt to resize using Paint. Windows 7 on my desktop allows resizing with Paint, no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
You can resize the photo to the desired size through Photo Gallery app. Follow the below steps to resize the photos.

1.Open the Start menu, type Photo gallery in the search box and click on Photo Gallery (Desktop app).

2.Accept the agreement to install Window essentials 2012 if prompted (Enter the admin credentials if needed).

3.Now you may open the photo location from the left navigation pane on the photo Gallery app.

4.Select the photo and right click and select Resize."

RBC

Reaction score
Sorry, but using Photo Gallery does not allow resizing a picture to place as desktop background.
On Windows 7, I can use Paint to resize a photo, then right-click the resized photo to use it as my desktop background. Not so with Windows 10. Maybe Paint or Photo Gallery resizes the picture, but the photo still displays on desktop background at full, original size. What's the fix? Do I have to change the desktop resolution?! Seems that shouldn't be necessary.

Reaction score
Win10 Home using an ASUS Notebook for this, can right-click an image file in Pictures and choose Set as desktop background, no resize was needed for the one I chose but the picture could have been more crisp, just the way it was taken and the original size probably was for a smaller-size screen, is 480x640 [tall] and lost some resolution on my 1366x768 screen.

Ask a Question