Cursor resizing screen

Reaction score
I keep thinking "resizing windows" but it's actually just the content.

Holding down my mouse buttons and using the touch pad resizes the screen (not the window) to much larger than the actual monitor. This is normal, day to day system use, not something I'm trying to do.
I can't get it to resize down, although sometimes in IE, paging fwd or backwards brings it back to the monitor size.

I should add that I just received my laptop back from Dell (bad power & fan) and this is a new install of Windows. For some reason, although I had hardware issues, they felt compelled to wipe me clean. Don't really care about that, but this wasn't occurring in my previous build, whatever that was.

How the heck do I turn THIS off?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Yeah, the wiping of HDDs during factory repair has pretty much been normal for quite a few years, puts the computer back to its as-shipped condition, probably is spelled out in the warranty statement.

The feature of using the Ctrl key plus the + or - key or Ctrl plus the scroll wheel does change the view of data inside a window. It is quite handy for some web sites but it tends to be global, can affect most programs. It even works that way on MAC OS X and the latest macOS. I'm not sure it can be turned off.

Reaction score
Interesting.
I'm simply using the mouse buttons and the touch pad. This didn't happen in my previous build and I can't replicate it to reduce the screen size!

The ctrl + or - simply resizes the text on my system, not the entire viewing area. This is really a new one for me, and what developer in the world would find this handy?
Well, thanks, anyway.
Hopefully someone will have an idea!

Last edited:

Ask a Question