Right-Click Add On?

Reaction score
Hi all!

New to Windows 10 having just bought a new laptop 4 days ago. Need some advice/info so I thought I would come to the best place to get some.

On Windows 8, I had a right-click feature where I could highlight a piece of text, right-click on it and select an option called 'translate'. When I hovered the cursor arrow over that option, a pop-up window appeared with a little translation window with the language text that is highlighted being translated into English.

Is there an add-on or program I can download that will give me this feature back again? I really miss it. Having not long moved to Denmark, it helps me to feel part of discussions that I don't fully understand and makes me feel more connected to things.

Thank you for your time folks.

From Sarah

Reaction score
Hi Sarah Visit the Microsoft Store they have just introduced a translator app for Win 10.
Translator
4.09999990463257 stars out of 5
(957)
Free
Translator helps you overcome the language barrier. Use your camera, voice, or keyboard to translate on-the-go, even without an Internet connection.
I hope this works for you.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...google-with-new-translator-app-on-windows-10/
apps.25355.9007199266246183.64c31e19-9b86-4551-bd5f-e206b9a566ac.e85ba9c5-c975-4636-992d-ccb6bd57b11e

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for that but I don't want to use that one. All my image and details and keystrokes will be sent to Microsoft using that app and that is not something I am comfortable with,

Sarah.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, right now at least, if you are using "Edge" as you browser, it doesn't support that feature.
I would suggest perhaps, using IE instead
Start Button, All Apps, Windows Accessories, Internet Explorer.
Select the text and right click it and choose "Translate with Bing" and see if that does it for you.

Reaction score
I am on IE, I have not used Edge at all, but that feature seem to not be there now.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 786

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the gear icon in the top right of IE and choose manage add-ons
Check your accelerators and see if it looks like this or similar

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Sarah Sorry for the misunderstanding, but, you were asking for a translator app or add on.
I now use Firefox as my browser since the upgrade. Firefox has a Google Translator Add On that's available.
Or you can do as Trouble suggests. When I was running Windows 7 I used to use Word for translation .

I don't believe that many users are comfortable with the information MS collects. I'm certainly not. I don't even like the idea that as a user, in the privacy settings (Diagnostics and usage data) I don't have the option to select "None) the the options given are Full (Recommended) Enhanced and Basic.Maybe "Basic" is another MS Carrot. When in reality, every tidbit of info we have to offer is "Basic" to MS. We'll never know,

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
With the Bing Translator and Internet Explorer, I see this....

Capture2.jpg

When I select and then right click the text that I've selected.

Reaction score
I don't see that there at all. When I used the solution provided by Trouble, I checked the add-ons and there was nothing listed under the accelerator section at all. When I clicked the link to choose more, it took me to a webpage where the option for a Bing Translator wasn't even listed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the issue might be.
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I use www.bing.com as my home page in IE as well as using it as my default search engine.
Although I can't be sure.

Ask a Question