Running out of space on D drive

Reaction score
I apologize if there is already a thread for this (please refer me to that thread if one exists). I show use of 400MB out of 440MB usable space on the "D" drive and am now getting a message that I am running out of space on D. Note that the C drive has plenty of free space. Also, my PC is now very sluggish in running any programs.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Reaction score
I found the other threads. I will remove this D drive as suggested. I am not sure whether that will cure the very slow system performance which only cropped up today.

Reaction score
Do not remove drive "D" yet as it can make your pc useless. The size of that partition tells me that it is the recovery partition. You would be better off just to remove the drive letter of it. that keeps that partition still intact but you won't get the "running out of space" message.

if you look in the disk manager you should see it as that particular partition.

Reaction score
Yep, just removed the letter. System still running very slow, so something else must be going on. All performance measures look normal so not sure where to look next.

Reaction score
to be able to help you with the slow running, we need to know a little more about your computer.
Hardware specs, state of the OS (version,build etc).

Have you cleaned up your drive (C: that is) already (including system files)?

Ask a Question