SOLVED One Drive Running?

Reaction score
Have you ever seen this before? This after clicking on g mail icon on desktop. Also clicking on desktop icons brings message about downloading from desktop. Why? This is new to me.

one drive running.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.... at least not that exactly.

Right click the problem icon and choose properties from the context menu and see where it's pointed determine the path and see if it is local or in fact pointing to the cloud.

Reaction score
Hi jmccleary50,

if you don't use OneDrive, remove it from your system, I don't use cloud based apps so it is a no brainer for me at least. :):):)

Do you have anything saved to the Cloud?. o_O

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It would seem that, that is saying that the file "ProduKey.cfg is stored in your profile folder which contains your OneDrive\Desktop folder

Not sure why you've included your Desktop folder in your OneDrive folder.
I've checked all of mine and I have no Desktop folder in any of my OneDrive folders on all my machines.

Assuming you have a good backup of everything (disk image), you might try launching OneDrive "settings" (just right click the Icon in the notification area and select it from the context menu)
AND "Unlink" this PC and start over excluding "Desktop" it's not generally even a choice, so.....
I'm not sure how you managed to tie your desktop folder into OneDrive unless you perhaps moved it with the location tab.
You might want to investigate that by checking the properties of your desktop folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop, under the location tab

Reaction score
Move One Drive.png

Move and Replace now launches produkey without any reference to one drive. The original one drive icon was dragged and dropped from all programs list which somehow included desktop..

Ask a Question