Safely remove notice

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Since the latest MS update on patch Tuesday of March 9, I've noticed that the safely remove notification and sound is gone. The Icon is there, and it works.....I just don't see the "it's ok to remove device" now notification. Then I do disconnect the USB device (drive docking station), no disconnect sound. Anybody else having or heard of this?

Reaction score
It's been gone a long time on my backup PC. I don't even get a notification, but the icon disappears unless I get a popup saying the drive is still in use. But it works fine on my main PC.

Reaction score
The notification is affected by Quite Hours/Focus Assist, if this is on then the notification isn’t shown.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
The notification is affected by Quite Hours/Focus Assist, if this is on then the notification isn’t shown.
I didn't make any changes to those and from what I'm seeing my focus assist is off. I can't find any thing on Quite hours.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So.....Foucus Assist is Quiet Hours. Double checking it and it was on and now off.

I'll be damned.....that did it.

Many thanks Bastet!

Reaction score
Yes, Focus Assist is the new name for Quiet Hours.
Glad to hear the problem is resolved Bassfisher6522. :)

Reaction score
That's odd that it's off on my backup PC, and I still get no notification when eject the drive. I do get an audible chime when I plug it in.

Reaction score
I did try that. It still didn't work. The odd thing is the icon doesn't go away either. It just shows nothing connected after I eject it. Not that big of a deal, but a little annoying. It's the only PC I have that does that.

Ask a Question