Scan Utility Driver for Canon Printer

Reaction score
I have a Canon Image Class MF5950DW printer. I am trying to install the software for the scan function. I found the software on the Canon website and I am able to download it. However when I try to install it, I get an error message which says that I don't have sufficient permission for this and that I should login again as an administrator. But I am the only person that has an account on my computer and I am the administrator. My profile account info says thatit is an administrator account. I tried many things from Google searches but none of them solved the problem for me. BTW, the print function is working. The problem is installing the scan software.
Any comments/suggestions that may help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Robert

Reaction score
As a test, click Start, scroll down to W then click Windows Accessories. Open Windows Fax and Scan, test with New Scan to see if the drivers are loaded, generally they are.

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

are you running Windows 10S by chance?.

If you do have S Mode active, you can switch to Windows Home!. ;)

Press Windows logo + r and then type "winver" to find out what version of Win 10 you have. :)

1603954123448.png

Reaction score
Right click the installer and click run as administrator. Maybe it will help.

If it doesn't work you can enable local administrator account and try to install application from local admin account. To do this type lusrmgr.msc in run and press enter. Users > Administrator > Properties > Uncheck all except passwor never expires. Then right click administrator and set desired password. then press ctrl+alt+del, switch account > put .\administrator and password. Try running installer from thare.

Last edited:

Ask a Question