SOLVED Screen saver resolution problem

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Latitude D820 with a NVidia Quadro NVS 120M display adaptor. The screen saver runs but in the wrong resolution and in black/white. Only the picture slide show screen saver displays correctly. See the attached image of the Bubble screen saver. As you can see, only 3/4 of the laptop's display is being used. The right side stay blacked out. Is there a fix?

screen.png

Reaction score
Disable the slide show temporarily and see if the screen resolution changes to full screen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Which nVidia driver are you using?

Capture.PNG

Have you experimented with both the ODE and QNF drivers?

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. This I successfully found a driver that works. Wouldn't you know it. I'm using an older release of the 120M driver downloaded from Dell. The date/version of the driver that didn't work was 11-03-2009 v179.68. The one that works is dated 06-16-2007 v101.44. The 3D properties were not working correctly. That's why the Bubbles screen saver was distorted. Everything works now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.
Glad you found something that worked for you.

Ask a Question