Screen saver

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Anybody still use this function?

I just tried it. While it works, it doesn't work correctly. I have a particular background picture I use. When setting up the screen saver and click preview. My background picture is shown and the screen savers (bubbles) works correctly. I leave it (PC) to it's own accord and wait for the screen saver to kick in. When it does....my background picture is not shown....just a light/powder blue screen with the bubbles. So what gives?

Reaction score
I’ve heard the MS screensavers don’t work too well as the feature is deprecated but third party ones work fine.
All my third party screensavers work well, although I haven’t checked those which use flash since its removal.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I’ve heard the MS screensavers don’t work too well as the feature is deprecated but third party ones work fine.
All my third party screensavers work well, although I haven’t checked those which use flash since its removal.
What 3rd party screen savers do you use?

Reaction score
I use that Dynamic Theme thing. But that isn't a screen saver as LCD screens don't need saving Unless you leave them on for years.

Reaction score
I don't use any, not in Windows or Linux as I find them all a pain!. Only when on battery power do I have the screen set to blank!. :)

Reaction score
But that isn't a screen saver as LCD screens don't need saving Unless you leave them on for years.
That is not correct. LCD screen can have a burn in already after a few hours of static picture. I have seen it on several displays already. Although I do not use screensavers, my display turns off after ten minutes of non-use...

Reaction score
That is not correct. LCD screen can have a burn in already after a few hours of static picture
Yup, I can confirm what @Grizzly said, I had to replace my LCD TV after only 2 years due to screen burn when using static pictures from YouTube!. :(

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Update; the bubbles don't work for crap....but the ribbons and mystify work. Just sitting here scratching my head....thinking WTF vern.

Ask a Question