Laptop takes ages to get to start screen saver.

Reaction score
Lenovo yoga 11s laptop ,power on , black screen for minutes often hours before it decides to display screen saver login screen to Windows 10. Just reinstalled Windows 10 on the SSD but no difference, takes forever. Been trying to hit an "function key" to get into the BIOS to try and see if something is wrong but unable so far. Once started laptop is good, put into sleep, it has no problem waking from that mode.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I would, when it is running, go to task manager - startup and start disabling things. Or list your startup and put it on the forum. Others here may have better ideas than I do.
Any antivirus you have ( Windows Defender will take over and that is not a problem). Any Windows indexing (which may be elsewhere in file explorer) Cortana, Icloud stuff of any, itunes stuff if any.

Perhaps download Malwarebytes free version and do a deep scan just in case there are any nasties lurking in there.

Reaction score
Mines a Lenovo idea pad 330 and there's only two things in start up and it's slow since I've had it. Not hours though.

Reaction score
On the startup screen , not much there, but disabled almost everything, but no better. Got into BIOS and saw it matched exactly another Yoga 11S that I have. MBR : I used bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd but still no better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you trying with the Microsoft screensavers (especially Bubbles) or third party?
There’s problems with Bubbles showing a black screen. Also MS screensavers seem to be deprecated.
How many minutes are set before the screensaver is supposed to turn on?

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question