Laptop waking up from hibernate WHEN MOVED

Reaction score
Hello guys,

as stated above, my laptop is waking up by itself from hibernate mode when I move it (shake it slowly, put it in my backpack ...).
The waking up problem has a lot of hits on google and I tried all the common solutions:

- switch off wake on lan in BIOS
- disable devices to wake up my computer in the device manager. cmd powercfg /devicequery wake_armed states none now.
- cmd powercfg -lastwake shows: Aktivierungsverlaufsanzahl - 1, Aktivierungsverlauf [0] Aktivierungsquellenanzahl - 0 (sorry for the german text but I assume you will get that there is no valuable information. Just doesnt tell me what waked up my laptop.
- plus many other small advices I found ....

BUT: none of these people have the problem specifically when MOVING a hibernated laptop. They all state it happens suddenly in the night or at a specific time. This might happen for mine as well and I just didnt notice it but way more obvious is the waking up when moved in my case.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Or is it a hardware problem (I am already in contact with Lenovo but I want to avoid sending it there and being without a computer for weeks)

Cheers guys!

Thomas

Reaction score
An issue with Notebooks/Laptops is there's a number of variables that are hard to diagnose. Could be debris such as crumbs in the keyboard causing a key to seemingly be pressed, a loose wire or connection in the case, etc. Tolerances in construction between the parts play a part as there is limited room in the case for things.

When returning a computer for repair under warranty be sure you have copied all your data, anything that exists nowhere else, to another drive as the shop most times will do a clean/factory reset which will lose everything not shipped with the machine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good luck but I have to agree with Bighorn...
Laptops are tough to diagnose power saving issues
For instance, most if not all laptops are equipped with something called an accelerometer to protect against drops and falls if that sensor was acting up it might be responsible for your issue.
Even something as simple as location services may be periodically updating the device's location which I expect might be aggravated if it was sensing movement and preparing to reflect any changes.

Ask a Question