SOLVED How do I load a CD on to my new laptop,

Reaction score
I have never has any problems in the past but something seems to be missing.
Any advise
Thanks David

Reaction score
More details please. What problem are you having exactly.
FWIW, and maybe the solution - most Laptops these days come without a CD/DVD drive.

Reaction score
Same question. But a quick 2 suggestions come to light, I have a 12" and 13" Notebook without the ODD/Optical Disc Drive but have on hand a couple of USB ODDs for one choice and the other is to copy the contents to a USB Thumb drive on a computer with an ODD to be worked with. Another choice would be to use a disc burning program to create an .iso file from the CD/DVD, copy that file to a USB drive then Mount it in File Explorer to gain access. Playing movies or audio is a bit more difficult or involved.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I have an external DV drive which worked fin on my last computer, but on my new one there does not seem to be a link on this programme to allow me to click on to gain access to the programme to play any things at all
David

Reaction score
Could you possibly post a clip of the outlet wires/plugs on your external, and also the exact model of your laptop. We can then advise you, possibly, on a connecting cable you can purchase (usually quite cheap)

Reaction score
Thank again, I think I have solved the problem, after I got your email last night I loaded all the updates and it came back again and now all seems well.
Kind regards
David

Ask a Question