SOLVED Windows 10 on a laptop, scaling set to 100% but some text is still blurry

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've bought a high-end Lenovo laptop last week and am having a ball with it. Most of the content looks great, but the standard scaling was set to 125% (recommended). However, this means that everything was 'too big' and screen real estate is a thing I like so I set it back to 100% as I also read most of the content will be sharper. I read everywhere that with 100% scaling text should be crisp in every application, yet maybe too small to read, but I did not find text to be too small. The size is perfect now.

I did configure ClearType a few times and this helped a little, but still in some programs the content is way too blurry to be comfortable to read. I also want to do programming and need the text to be sharp across all apps. Setting scaling for individual apps to 125% is not a solution since it makes apps appear too big.

See here what happens in an app, compared to Firefox. Firefox looks crisp across the board, but some other apps clearly have a sharp title in the application bar on top, but underneath, the text inside the application is blurry.

Python Shell:
python_window.jpg

Firefox:
firefox_window.jpg

Does anyone know what could be the reason for this? It's very hard on my eyes.

I hope someone knows the solution.

Reaction score
Hi,

is your system fully up-to-date (Windows version 2009) including GPU drivers?. :)

Reaction score
I presumed so as you said a high end laptop. But my old lenovo gets confused it I am using a true 1920 monitor at the same time as the Lenovo panel which is somewhat less than that.

Reaction score
Hi,

is your system fully up-to-date (Windows version 2009) including GPU drivers?. :)

Oh my god, after your comment I checked the updating settings. It said everything was up to date, but then I saw there was a Windows 10 version '2004' update. It just finished installing after over an hour and now all text is sharp in all the apps where it first was blurry! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The 2009 version wasn't available. Will this be available after I did all the updates?

Reaction score
Hi,

to get the 2009 version, click on the link below and on "Update now". :)

Please be aware that this page is directed toward the UK English version so scroll to the bottom left of the page to change the language!. :)

Ask a Question