Logitech 3D extreme pro blocks screen saver and power saver

Reaction score
I use win 10 V 2004 and as of late, I have noticed that both screen saver and power saver will not function unless
I remove the Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick.

As a work around, I've discovered that if I disable the device driver and then re enable it, the screen saver and power
saver will work. This wasn't an issue a few Win 10 upgrades back.

I'd like to make a batch file that would disable then re-enable the USB port for my joystick.

Anyone else out there have this issue? If so, what was the fix?

I don't know what the script would read for the batch file for the workaround but it would have to disable the
JS USB port and the enable it.

Device.JPG

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling/software the driver and reinstalling? this sometimes will solve issues with hardware and software that is installed during an update. Sometimes a conflict is caused that is cured with the uninstall and reinstall.

Reaction score
Yes, I did, I should of made mention that I did. I've seen that numerous Logitech 3D extreme pro joysticks users are having same issue
as I am. No matter what USB port I use, I will have same issues. As I mentioned ^, if I disable the device driver and then re enable it, the screen saver and power saver will work. Logitech didn't supply any software, Win 10 will auto detect the Joystick.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Reaction score
Sound like you're going to have to deal with Logitec tech support I guess, you have checked out their forum?

Reaction score
In the end, Logitec is going to have to update there drivers that the release to MS to download and install

Reaction score
In the end, Logitec is going to have to update there drivers that the release to MS to download and install
I concur however, the driver is over 10 years old and Logitech no longer sells the joystick, with that said, I doubt that they will
update their driver.

I've read where saitech joysticks have same USB issue. I think it is more of a windows issue.
As I previously mentioned, everything was working just dandy in Win 10 till a few updates (months) ago.
Was using the same driver (Win 10 supplied) as I am now. ( hidusb.sys)

Last edited:

Ask a Question