logitech C920 pro HD webcam

Reaction score
I have an old webcam, that when run from windows 10 via usb, gives me the option of photo or video as per the attached clip. when I use the c920 also via usb, I get the additional option of document or whiteboard as per the second clip. I also get a roughly rectangular overlay, which changes shape but I have no control over. When I choose the option of main camera (whatever that is) I get an addditional option of panorama (which is not accessable) as per the third clip

the C920 comes with a programme called capture but its tools are only accessible from within that programme, ie you open the camera from within the app and no other app can access the camera while you are using the app.. I have contacted logitech who have responded by referring me to the C920 literature which doesnt not address my query.

Q. Are the tools that I have mentioned a product of windows 10?
Q. Can I designate one of my two cameras as main camera to give me all the tools mentioned?
Q. What is purpose of text and whiteboard tool (if indeed a product of windows?

Hopefully, there will be a windows/logitech user who can advise

Thank you

Attachments

• basic phot&video.JPG
    basic phot&video.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 131
  • C920 text&whiteboard.JPG
    C920 text&whiteboard.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 138
  • main camera panorama (1).JPG
    main camera panorama (1).JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 140

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Is there a purpose for wanting 2 cameras?

I believe that the 2 camera function is like the 2 audio function. There can only be one I have no proof just a theory and your post seems to confirm that. Personally I would stick with a single webcam, specifically the new C920.

Reaction score
Hi. No, one replaces the other. I was commenting on the seemingly improved options available with the better camera, hence my belief that those tools were a function of the C920 but logitech seems unable to shed any light. I would also like to know why windows offers a panorama function with the other or main camera - what would it be referring to? See screenshot where camera is selected top right. This is the opening by default. I have to select my (existing) camera, losing some of those tools in the process.

Attachments

• 0ther or main camera.png
    0ther or main camera.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 127

Ask a Question