Script Error (system keeps crashing) Please Help!

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

Randomly my laptop, an Asus X554S, start displaying a Script Error message in the middle of the screen once I have logged in. Now the whole system is slow and crashes the moment I click away the script error. I can't seem to reset windows and while I can operate some programs anyway, if I ever do anything complex it freezes.

The details of the error are in the attached pic. If anyone has any clue what's wrong I would really appreciate your help!

Attachments

• WP_20170214_001.jpg
    WP_20170214_001.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 697

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Owen,

Welcome to the Forum.

Which browser are you using when you log into the site throwing Script errors to your system?

If it's Internet Explorer check that ActiveX, Java and JavaScript are not being blocked in your security settings (Tools | Internet Options | Advanced).

You can disable Scripting error alerts too while there.

It seems unlikely this is what is causing your System freeze though; I suspect that is another issue.

You may need to delete cached items given the site generating that error in your image is a logon page. It's probable you have an outdated session cookie from a previous logon attempt, and if this is not removed from your cache the error will repeat itself until you do remove it.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question