Script error

Reaction score
I don't know where this came from, but this popped up and it does it constantly, even when I am not on the internet. I went to internet options advanced and turned off the message box for notifying me of script errors, and it still does it. Here is a screen shot.

IMG_3812 (1).JPG

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Expresidents,

Welcome to the Forum.

The error you are getting is a programmers debugging error message.

If you return to your Internet explorer options > Advanced menu and remove the check next to Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) then click Apply & OK that ought to stop the message appearing again.

Untitled.png

You could also notify the website owner, where you are getting their message from as it will be an issue on their webpage, [ not your computer ] that is causing that error to appear in the first place. They could then hopefully fix it themselves on their end.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Expresidents,

Welcome to the Forum.

The error you are getting is a programmers debugging error message.

If you return to your Internet explorer options > Advanced menu and remove the check next to Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) then click Apply & OK that ought to stop the message appearing again.

View attachment 6996

You could also notify the website owner, where you are getting their message from as it will be an issue on their webpage, [ not your computer ] that is causing that error to appear in the first place. They could then hopefully fix it themselves on their end.

Regards,

Regedit32
Yeah it keeps doing it. If I restart my computer it pops back up. I don't understand why the box doesn't stay unchecked.

Regedit32

Reaction score
The settings you make in your browser are ultimately stored inside your Windows Registry.

If you are running security software that protects the Registry, or cleaning software that offers to remove items from the Registry, or you yourself chose to set up Policies either through Group Policy Editor, or manually by typing them in yourself [ for a home edition user ] then these are all plausible reasons a setting you make in the browser itself is not sticking.

If someone else has administrative privileges higher than you on the computer affected, they may have enabled a policy to prevent tampering with the browsers settings too.

Likewise, you may have done this yourself or a third party security program has.

A major update to Windows 10 is just around the corner [ a few weeks ] and with that will come build upgrades to Internet Explorer and Edge, so you may see your issue sort itself out shortly, if none of the above is relevant in your case.

Ask a Question