SOLVED Script Error

Reaction score
in windows 10 the last 2 days every time I use internet explorer SCRIPT ERROR comes up. can someone help me to prevent that from happening????? THANK YOU BOB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

A script error means that there has been a problem with some of the code the browser is trying to run - this is normally the fault of a website (if it happens on one site only). However, it can occasionally be that code has been injected in to every page (and this is a result of those problems).

Can you let us know the exact error message please? Normally there should be some details about the script. Does this happen on all sites, or just one?

Reaction score
i turned on my computer this morning and it doesnt do it any more (it did it all day sat. & sun.) and now its not. it did do it on every internet explorer short cut on my desk top when it went to the site but not on other shot cuts ( none internet explorer) thats the best i can explane it???????? hopeful it will not do it again if it does it again i will try to give more info. thank you for your reply.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No problem Bob, if it happens again then just copy/paste the full error in here and we can try to help :).

Reaction score
No problem Bob, if it happens again then just copy/paste the full error in here and we can try to help :).
SCRIPT ERROR IS BACK, HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS

2204-acb7d94cdcbf4d558cfe4bdc675bb059.jpg

IMG_2014.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the screenshot. It looks like ds.serving-sys.com is an advertising serving platform - but there's an error somewhere in their coding.

If this happens only on one site or network of sites, then I'd say it's a problem at their end. It does happen occasionally. If you let them know then I'm sure they would fix it very quickly.

It may be worth pressing CTRL+F5 on the problematic page after clicking "no" - this will try to re-download the javascript file. If it was a one-off problem, but the file was cached, then it could theoretically persist.

However, if this happens on multiple unrelated sites then it could be you have a problem - perhaps there is some software or a browser plugin trying to inject ad code on to pages you visit, but it's failing. I would suggest running the free version of MBAM to see if it detects anything (https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/).

Reaction score
I TRIED THE LINK AND DOWNLOAED IT SORRY TO SAY IT DID NOT HELP ITS STILL HAPPENING

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's only IE, can you go to Tools > Manage Addons and then take post a screenshot of all items on the "Toolbars and Extensions" list please. You may need to press ALT + T to get the Tools menu to appear.

Reaction score
I WENT TO INTERNET OPTIONS

ADVANCED

UNCKECK THIRD-PARTY EX

THAT SALVED THE PROBLEM

thank you for your help BOB

Reaction score
I uninstalled google tool bar and it stopped. Reinstalled a few days later and it started again. So I think with mine that was the culprit!

Reaction score
I've heard that the Google toolbar causes many problems for users. You have to be careful of sites when you are downloading apps/programs. Many sites have Google toolbar and other unwanted crap set to download by default.

Reaction score
in windows 10 the last 2 days every time I use internet explorer SCRIPT ERROR comes up. can someone help me to prevent that from happening????? THANK YOU BOB
I put up with this problem for months. Drove me crazy. Then by error I deleted the Google toolbar and now the problem is gone!!

Ask a Question