Search Windows Bar Issues

Reaction score
I have a fairly elaborate home network with 7 workstations, 2 laptops and a server. I at first updated all 7 workstations and 1 laptop to Windows 10. 5 workstations and the laptop are seemingly working fine but with the other 2 I was having far too many app and driver issues so I reverted back (for now ) to Windows 7. My issue that I wish to have addressed is not in regards to the 2 workstations that are running Windows 7 but rather an issue that 3 of the 5 running Windows 10 are having. When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just put in "re" instead of "restore" then Remote Desktop comes up as a suggested result and I am able to click on it. I have disabled Cortana and shut off web results on all PC's. Other than that I have not tweaked any of the workstations.... One more thing that I failed to mention was that I ran sfc /verifyonly on all my Windows 10 machines and it never resulted in any integrity violations. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this issue!

Attachments

• Search Error.png
    Search Error.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:

Ask a Question