SOLVED Server Move

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We've had some problems with our current hosting provider, so I'm going to move the site to a new server tomorrow morning (GMT). This comes with a few benefits (such as upgrading to Windows 2016) and some newer hardware, as well as some technical improvements such as HTTP2 and perhaps IPV6.

The site may be offline up to 30 mins while I make the move, but I will perform the transfer as fast as possible at a time when the site is quiet.

I'll keep you posted :D.

Reaction score
What time (GMT) do you plan to do this?? Maybe I can sleep another round...After all, I am 5 hours behind the UK and am on Eastern Standard Time

Reaction score
Since I'm usually in bed between 0600GMT to 1300GMT it will fit in.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd estimate I'll get the move started around 9am GMT, it should be pretty quick to do as all the prep is done :).

It's a shame we need to move hosts, but the current hosts have really dropped the ball in the past few months. The new one seems promising, judging from contact so far.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to start the move in the coming minutes, as the site is quiet :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We're on the new server now - although it may take an hour or two for your DNS to update. Until that happens, it may be slower than normal, as all traffic has to be re-directed via the old server.

Reaction score
Looks like I'm late for the party. Everything running smoothly from this side. Well done, Ian

Reaction score
I was asleep again, I didn't notice the difference @Ian, do we get a badge or something?. :):):):)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hey...me too. Always a day late and a dollar short....LOL! It's 6:45 am here (EST) and all is well on my end. Nice job Ian.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys :). Unnoticed is good :D

I guess you did not enable V6 or your ISP doesn't support it yet.

It's supported, but I've not enabled it yet as I've still got quite a bit of behind the scenes server work to do. Once the dust has settled, I'll give it a go :).

Ask a Question