Setup/download Thunderbird E-mail

Reaction score
Recently tried to download and setup Thunderbird e-mail, but I've had no luck. I get to a page that's labelled "How To Setup Mozilla Thunderbird. I click on a button ' to download' and then a block that has an "allow" button. I click on that and the instruction sheet I have shows a page labelled "Local Folders" where I'm to select 'Tools' in the Menu bar - but I am unable to get that far.
Evidently I'm doing something wrong, but haven't figured what.

Reaction score
You sure are...but who knows what. I type 'Thunderbird' into Google Go to Mozilla.org, download Thunderbird and run the setup. T'bird comes up and asks for your email account. If that id gmail it will ask for the password and do the job. If it is an unknown ISP it will take a little longer. You should be seeing one of tools->accounts or
"Create a new account..." and then you can add your email

Caveat. I always use Pop3 rather than IMAP and nowadays that does take going into tools-> account settings to set up.

Ask a Question