SOLVED Sharing docs in Onedrive

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm writing a short story I want to make available to others on Onedrive. I created a table of contents but if a reader has progressed through a few chapters and wish to go back they have to scroll unless the navigation panel is open. It is when I look at the doc in Onedrive but not to a visitor. Is it possible to make navigation available to a visitor, or some other method that enables to move around the doc as they wish? I'd be grateful for help.

Reaction score
Hi John,

sounds like you would need to set up some sort of share folder option, how you can give others access to your files might require your password etc?. :)

Reaction score
Hi John,

I really have no idea how you can allow access to your OneDrive account without giving people a username and password, how else would they access a folder if it is locked?. Perhaps you could publish the docs you want them to read on a forum or open library or something like that?. :)

I have no other ideas sorry. :(

Reaction score
Log in to onedrive from your PC/laptop. Create a folder for the book or whatever else you want to share. Then right click the folder you created (again from you browser on your PC), and select share. There you can either give people access via their email address, or click where it says copy link (see pic). Then you can paste the link in notepad or something and save it. That way anytime you want to give out the URL, you can copy it from their.

That's the only way I know how to do it. I have onedrive disabled on my PC. I use the website to save files.

Reaction score
You need to use Hyperlinks to port the users to their previous position.
Follow these steps to add hyperlinks throughout your document:

1. Select the text or object you want to use as a hyperlink.
  2. Right-click and then click Hyperlink .
  3. Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
  4. In the list, select the heading or bookmark that you want to link to.

Reaction score
You need to use Hyperlinks to port the users to their previous position.
Follow these steps to add hyperlinks throughout your document:

1. Select the text or object you want to use as a hyperlink.
  2. Right-click and then click Hyperlink .
  3. Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
  4. In the list, select the heading or bookmark that you want to link to.

Thanks JustinC, that worked.

Ask a Question