Sharing printers in Windows 10

Reaction score
I have 2 new PC's with windows 10 professional. One PC had a HP Laserjet P2035 attached and I have shared it so the other windows 10 PC can print to it. I have enabled all the sharing and also turned off password protection. When I go to install the shared printer I get access denied? I have also turned off the firewall to the private network. What am I missing?

Reaction score
In the computer which has the HP installed, open settings - network and internet. Open sharing options and
1.Make siure you have
file and printer sharing turned on
and
2. Further down in all networks, turn off password protection

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have 2 new PC's with windows 10 professional. One PC had a HP Laserjet P2035 attached and I have shared it so the other windows 10 PC can print to it. I have enabled all the sharing and also turned off password protection. When I go to install the shared printer I get access denied? I have also turned off the firewall to the private network. What am I missing?

This is exactly why I don't use this type of setup....it's convoluted, time consuming, if all settings aren't set right doesn't work and it pron to fail. Pron to fail is the worst as anything can brake the share and hard to track down. Then you have to reset up on PC or all of them. It does work and I've done it before......but I don't like for reasons mentioned.

I prefer a printer with a LAN connection... and ethernet port built into the printer and you plug it directly into your router. So much simpler IMO.

Reaction score
Sadly Bassfisher the P2035 has only parallel and USB.

Debbie, does your router have a USB port with printer support? This will be the easiest way.... I know from experience that some routers with USB support any device you can imaging...except printers.

Ask a Question