Sharing printers from windows 10 to xp

Reaction score
hello all,

having some issues sharing local printers from windows 10 to xp.

I've atached the error message which i get. the process works fine utill i reach that point.

Can anyone tell me if they have found the same or where to start fixing it?

The process works without an issue in reverse (eg saring from xp to windows 10 but that doesn't suit my needs.

MT.

Toby

Attachments

• error message.png
    error message.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 3,295

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You'll likely need to click yes and then supply the proper credentials for the machine that is sharing the printer followed by a backslash "\", the username on the computer sharing the printer that has sufficient credentials and then the password for that username on the machine sharing the printer.
as in
MachineName\Username
Password
So if my Windows 10 machine sharing the printer was named Win10 I would enter
Win10\UserName
Password (for that user on the PC with the share)
Win10\[email protected]
P@$$w0rd

Reaction score
You'll likely need to click yes and then supply the proper credentials for the machine that is sharing the printer followed by a backslash "\", the username on the computer sharing the printer that has sufficient credentials and then the password for that username on the machine sharing the printer.
as in
MachineName\Username
Password
So if my Windows 10 machine sharing the printer was named Win10 I would enter
Win10\UserName
Password (for that user on the PC with the share)
Win10\[email protected]
P@$$w0rd

Thanks for replying.
You are correct in thinking that i need to enter these details however these have already been entered and this screenshot is the message i get after entering them. If I press yes it simply keeps asking me to enter them again.

Reaction score
Follow steps as mentioned in this link-

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...ps/Admin/AddSharedPrinterasaLocalPrinter.html

I followed the same steps and the issue was gone. Could you help me regarding an issue. We formatted our system with Win 10. How to do networking between Win 10 and Win XP? Last time we called in the tech guy and he did some settings from Windows>>Run to do networking. The workgroup names of both the pc's are same.

Ask a Question