Signing in on Microsoft Account

Reaction score
I have been signed in as a stand alone computer. I wanted to change to my Microsoft account sign in. I already had a password, but it was refused and I was asked to reset my password. I reset to a new password. I returned to the sign in screen. The new password was refused. I still can't sign in on my Microsoft account and when I turn on the computer it gives me messages that it's out of touch and I must do something as a system administrator.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
when I turn on the computer it gives me messages that it's out of touch
I'm not sure how to interpret that message except I suspect that it might mean that your computer is not connected to the internet.
At the bottom right of the lock screen as well as at the bottom right of the sign-in screen there should be an icon indicating you network availability "Connect to the internet" (when you hover over it).
That's going to be pretty much a "requirement" in order for anything you've done with respect to changing your Microsoft Account's password, to be available to your computer.

IF..... by using another computer or device to go here
Code:
https://login.live.com
AND you are able to successfully authenticate there, by using your account name and current password then there is nothing wrong with your credentials, assuming the same account is being displayed on the sign-in screen of your computer.
IT is likely you network connection that is causing the issue.

Do you have a different (local) local account that you can use to login with?

Reaction score
There's no problem with the internet connection -- I'm online a great deal, including using gmail with no problem. That was a sloppy question on my part. I'm currently signed in as a Local Account / Administrator and wanted to sign in to my Microsoft account instead. It rejected my password, and when I reset my password, it rejected that one also. I didn't have time to waste on it, so I went back to work using the Local Account. I turn my computer off overnight. When I booted up the next day I got a message that said Group Policy Client Service out of touch - or something to that effect. I still couldn't sign in to my Microsoft Account so I ignored it. The next two mornings I got the Group Policy Client out of touch message when I booted up. The second day I also had a problem with Office 365 -- a Word 9 file sent to me wouldn't open past the first page of five pages. I copied it to flash drive and took it to my Windows 7 Word 7 notebook, which opened the document with no difficulty and I was able to print the pdf file I made there from my Windows 10 computer. I haven't seen the Group Policy Client out of touch message since, but it will be a few days before I'm sure if everything is back as it should be. The Windows 10 computer is only 5 months old, and I'm really disappointed to be having so many problems with the operating system.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it will be a few days before I'm sure if everything is back as it should be
OK.... keep us posted.
In the mean time, keep an eye on your Windows Updates.
Especially over the next few days, I expect another cumulative update soon, probably as early as next Tuesday, which may or may not address some of the issues you are currently experiencing

Ask a Question