Signing in.

Reaction score
When starting windows goes to the sign in page, somehow I now have two names there (both mine) one with my e-mail which is the correct one the other just my name. In user accounts there is only my correct one I did uncheck the box so as not having to sign in but still need to, can anyone inform me how I can remove the odd one which BTW doesn't have a password, which always comes up first when signing in. Thank you.

Reaction score
If you go.......
Start button > Settings > Accounts > left side, select Family and other users > what do you see on the right side near the bottom ?
If you see the one you don't want, click it > click Remove.

Will that be applicable to your situation ?

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, but in the family accounts I keep getting " we cannot connect to Microsoft Family at this moment so your family might not be up to date. " so that might be the problem.

Reaction score
I've tried that thanks but clicking on the family, in the box in RED "we cannot connect to Microsoft family at the moment etc " which has been there every time I've tried that. I haven't added any one else so I dont know how the other name has come up, if I try to add a member the box just keeps flashing on and off with the logo spinning round.

Ask a Question