Sleep Mode Question, Please ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Have a relatively new HP Desktop Pavillion.
Had set the W10 Sleep Mode, and always worked.

When the pc went to sleep, the front power light would always blink on and off.

With the latest "update," no more blinking light. Why ?

Have the following questions, please:

a. Any way to revert back to having the light blink; nice feature ?

b. My Monitor does go off at the set time, but am not certain if pc is off or not (as screen is inactive).

How can i tell ? The setting in Power seem to link the time for the screen and monitor to be the same, so
I cannot set the screen to go off much after the pc-would be easy to tell if i could do this, but doesn't seem possible.

*pc light is Always steadily on. Is there an easy way to tell now if pc is truly asleep ?

c. What is the difference between Sleep and Hibernation modes ? Are there separate setting for Hibernation mode ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
One was to judge the actual condition of the system is what you have to do to get the display back and what you see when that happens.

Does the screen just pop back up or do you see spinning dots. This may depend on whether you need to sign in after being away, which is always required if using the Windows Hello..

Ask a Question