SOLVED Slide show no longer working.

Reaction score
This started a few weeks ago. I suspected that a Windows update was responsible - as so often happens. (I still can't make a back-up.)

I use it infrequently to look at folders of photographs. The relevant folder properties being optimised for pictures.

I have no idea what to do to get it working again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I'm using Windows built-in application.

In the folder, under the Manage tag, I have the options of Rotate left or right, Slide show, or Set as background.

Reaction score
Guess the old dog hasn't learned all the new tricks! I missed the class about that feature. I'll do some looking.

Reaction score
What app/program do you have as your default, in order to view the slide show. I use the built in Photos, My photos are all jpg which I have as the photos default. All working normally.

Reaction score
I don't use an application. I use the in-built slide show which is available if the folder containing the photographs is configured to be optimised for pictures, as explained.

screenshot 1.jpg

Reaction score
Understood. You have your view set to thumbnails.

But you do need a default to show the pictures slideshow. . Perhaps the update has removed it.

Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by a "default".

View is set to Large icons. .......

I've just discovered something. I will investigate and report back.

Reaction score
OK. Keep us informed. The old Photo viewer has been removed, and is no longer registered as the default viewer.
The new "App" is, as I said, "Photos"
I am assuming you pictures asr .jpg? There is no suffix shown in your clip.
If you wish, you can check if jpg, or whatever you use, does have an association.
Open settings - Apps -Default Apps.
Scroll down on the right side of the window and select "Choose default applications by File type"
Scroll down the list to you suffix (jpg for me) and , on the right, select "photos" (or you favourite, installed, program.

Reaction score
OK. Keep us informed. The old Photo viewer has been removed, and is no longer registered as the default viewer.
The new "App" is, as I said, "Photos"
I am assuming you pictures asr .jpg? There is no suffix shown in your clip.
If you wish, you can check if jpg, or whatever you use, does have an association.
Open settings - Apps -Default Apps.
Scroll down on the right side of the window and select "Choose default applications by File type"
Scroll down the list to you suffix (jpg for me) and , on the right, select "photos" (or you favourite, installed, program.)

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I opened another folder of photographs and Slideshow worked.

I created a new folder, optimised for pictures, and transferred all of the previous folder's contents to the new one.

Slideshow works in it ! The other one has been deleted.

No idea how the folder, or whatever it was that caused it, got corrupted.

But thank you for your time and effort.

Ask a Question