SOLVED Small Task Manager problem.

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone.

Since 1909 update, I have noticed that Task manager start-up section is not showing any programs, even though they are ticked in Windows Systinerals program, "Autoruns exe"
Previously, if ticked in "Autoruns", they immediately appeared in Task Manager start up section.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I can only recommend Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, mine is showing all start-up apps correctly!. :)

Reaction score
mmm. troubleshoot what, exactly?
Thanks for replying.
There must be a way of resetting/updating the Task manager.

Regedit32

Reaction score
There are a couple of locations for the Startup folder in Windows 10. If either are missing or corrupted, then nothing will appear in the Startup tab on Task Manager. To resolve this:
  • Open File Manager
  • In the address bar of File Manager type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Press Enter to open to the above location.

• If the Startup folder is missing, right-click inside the Programs folder and select New > Folder and name it Startup
    Note:
    If the Startup folder is already present, delete it, then create a new Startup folder

• Now, in the File Explorer address bar type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Press Enter to open to the above location.

• If the Startup folder is missing, right-click inside the Programs folder and select New > Folder and name it Startup
    Note:
    If the Startup folder is already present, delete it, then create a new Startup folder

• Now restart computer, and things should return to normal.

Reaction score
Regedit32.

Please be so kind as to inform your dear Lady mother, that she brought into this world a genius. Lol.

As always, spot on, Correct.
Many,many thanks. i am in your debt, Sir.

Happy Xmas and the best for the new year.

Ask a Question