Software Exception Errors on close down

Reaction score
After an update at end of Jun (KB4023057) I started to get Software Exception Errors on close down, sometimes but not always.
I ran from administrator CMD DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc /scannow which reported it had found and replaced some damaged or corrupt files.
This stopped the close down errors, until 9 July when they returned after another update the day before (KB5004945)
I again ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc /scannow which again reported it had found and replaced some damaged or corrupt files.
I had another update on Sun 18th and again on 19th, the day after, I had another Software Exception Errors on close down.
This time DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc /scannow did NOT show any damaged or corrupt files

The previous error was “MediaContextNotificationWindow Software exception (0xe0434352) Location 0x00007FF9F9114ED9” but I did not note if the latest error was the same.
Running Win10 10H2

Ask a Question