Some MSI Software won't install

Reaction score
I have a copy of Windows 10 2004 and some software (MSI installers or self-extracting EXE installers that initiate a MSI) will not install. msiexec terminates without any errors or messages. I have reinstalled windows 10 2004, the previous installation did not have any problems. Is there any way to fix?

Reaction score
Yes I know but these are just examples. Lotus smartsuite won't install either but on a fresh copy of windows 10 in VMware it will. Also all the previously mentioned software work in VM too. But a VM is inconvenient so please help fix.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You still haven't answered the 2nd half of my question.....where did you get these programs from?

Reaction score
I got firedaemon zero from the offial site and the rest from an archive. These work in a VM and I tried bitbox from the official website. I don't know why it won't install, but maybe a problem with msiexec.exe?

Reaction score
Yes I always try compatibility mode first, but it does not help on any of the apps. Also I use Bitdefender antivirus. I use this on other win10 соmputers so that should not be a problem.

Reaction score
Is there another solution? I am wondering if msiexec is just corrupt. Which files are associated with msiexec.exe? I can try replacing it. SFC/scannow detected nothing but I wonder if the files needed for MSI are missing.

Reaction score
I have Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 installed on one Win10 computer, no problem.

Ask a Question