Msi afterburner hd6450 issue

Reaction score
So I have a levono m91p desktop I got the msi afterburner radeon hd 6450 card installed it and getting not signal my bios is set to auto detect so I changed it to only detect my onboard graphics to see what's going on it goto my device manager and I believe my card is reading as other device pci serial port I have to install CD for the gpu and tried just installing the drivers from it and still nothing I'm so confused and I'm not some tech savvy guy but from what I seen you should be able to just install the hardware and install the driver

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thhers only one pci slot and no I didnt set bios to pci
Ok I went into my bios went to devices video setup and this is what's in it idg,peg,pci, and auto I have it set to igd as my msi gpu is in the computer and if I have it on auto it will read that gpu is in but wont show any picture for the msi gpu

Reaction score
no I didnt set bios to pci
That is where you need to start!. ;)

Set it to PCI and connect the monitor to the GPU not the onboard graphics, you might get a message that the monitor is "Out of range", open the monitor menu and reset it if that happens!. :)

Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention idk if it matters I dont own a monitor I'm using my 3 year old son's older hdmi tv but I'm looking to use my 60 inch 4k Samsung smart tv

Reaction score
Ok I didnt install the drivers yet but tried pci it didnt work then I tried the peg and still no signal

Reaction score
Hi Nostalewk,

it might be that as you are using a Smart TV, the screen resolution set on your computer is too low and that is why you are not getting a signal?. What type of cable are you using to connect to the TV, an HDMI or VGA cable?. :)

Reaction score
What make and model is the TV?, if we can determine that, it might help solve your problem!. Does the TV have settings to change the resolution?, if it does, put the Radeon GPU back in the computer and change the TV screen resolution until it picks up the signal from the computer!. :)

Reaction score
It has a custom resolution in settings but I never used it it's a samsung 4k ultra hd tv idk what model

Reaction score
That model has Computer setting according to the following link:

Scroll down to "PC Monitor Settings" and have a look!.

Reaction score
I wonder if a connection must be made I found a pc setting but it doesnt look like that it's just screen sharing in the connection guide area

Reaction score
Ok figured it's out still no signal now I shut down and changed bios and made it boot up as vga and checked device manager and it's not showing my card

Reaction score
Did you connect the computer with a VGA cable or are you still trying to use the HDMI cable?, I would get a VGA cable if I were you and it should work!. ;)

Reaction score
Using hdmi I cant find the vga Adapter that came with the card to hook it up is it possible that the reason my computer isnt reading the card is because theres no drivers for it installed?

Ask a Question