Msi afterburner hd6450 issue

Reaction score
No, it would still work but the resolution would most likely be low. I have HDMI and VGA input on my smart TV, the VGA connection works out of the box but I have a computer monitor too so I can see what is going on. Borrow a computer monitor from someone if you can and do the initial set-up of the GPU!.

Reaction score
No, it would still work but the resolution would most likely be low. I have HDMI and VGA input on my smart TV, the VGA connection works out of the box but I have a computer monitor too so I can see what is going on. Borrow a computer monitor from someone if you can and do the initial set-up of the GPU!.
my sons hdtv has vga port still no signal

Reaction score
Like I said before, "Borrow a computer monitor from someone if you can and do the initial set-up of the GPU!.". Your son's HDTV has the same problem as your TV, it is basically out of range!. ;)

Reaction score
So what your saying is the vga to vga can go out of range on a tv and not a monitor? Dam I feel dumb it kinda doesnt make since

Reaction score
When you install a GPU in a computer, it (the operating system) will load with basic drivers only, enough so you can see that the GPU is working, then under normal circumstances you would download and install the appropriate drivers for the GPU.

When you plug a computer (without the GPU drivers) directly into a HDTV, the resolution of the GPU is most likely so low that the TV can not interpret the signal (signal out of range) and that Is most likely why you cannot see a signal on the TV screen!. :) Get a monitor!. ;)

Reaction score
I'm going to get one later today now I forced the vga signal on with the gpu card installed went to device manager and didnt see my card at all just the inboard gpu is this normal?

Reaction score
Have you installed the drivers for the card yet?. ;) Are you using the onboard GPU or did you switch to PCIE in BIOS?. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I switch to all of them only ones that work is the auto when the card is out of the desktop and the forced vga when card is in desktop and I tried to install drivers but didnt work couldnt detect hardware maybe because I forced the vga to try and install drivers with card installed in desktop I really dont know but not drivers was able to install

Reaction score
Do you have a monitor now?. If not, get one from somewhere!.

Did you set BIOS to PCIE only?.

Do you have the VGA cable connected to the new GPU and not the onboard graphics output (you will have two connections when you install the Radeon card)?. ;)

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply been dealing with work so I got a acer monitor and still getting the same thing only even though I cant see screen I dont think my harddrive is loading with gpu card installed I noticed that in windows 10 login screen I can press cap lock and it will light up on keyboard but it doesnt with the gpu card installed and I did give it time to boot up I gave it too much time to be sure like 5minutes or so

Reaction score
Hi Nostalewk,

open Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adaptors and paste a picture of what you see like the one below. :)

1584713956501.png

Reaction score
Firstly, the arrow on your pic indicates that it needs a driver update but as it your onboard GPU it doesn't help us much!.

Try reading through the following link to see if it helps you at all:

Make sure you set your PC to only use the PCIE GPU in BIOS, do not set it to "Auto". Further, make sure you put the monitor connector cable in the new graphics card and NOT THE ONBOARD GRAPHICS CONNECTOR!. ;)

Reaction score
Ok could this be a issue I changed the bios to PCI-e then hit save and exit and it restarts computer and displays the inboard gpu signal before I can detach the cable

Reaction score
Ok, go back into BIOS and check that it is set to PCIE, once done, press and hold the power button until the PC shuts down, plug the monitor cable into the Radeon GPU and then restart!. ;)

Ask a Question