Solitaire games not loading

Reaction score
I had problems yesterday with the Microsoft Solitaire World Tour and not being able to access the games. The program would start and when I normally entered a game it came up with an ad before entering the game. But yesterday it just went to a blank white screen. Could not get out of it properly so I just had to shut it all down. The game thought I was still logged in so my daily records yesterday showed something like 7 hours to complete when it usually takes me about an hour. I had to call the Geek Squad last night to help and they had to uninstall the program and reinstall for it to work. They told me that it was bug related. Don't know how I got a bug but all I could think of was that blank screen that was supposed to be an advertisement and wondering if I was compromised that way. I will leave it with you but I am very reluctant to enter those games again given that I do not need viruses and your games seem to be infected.

Thank you

Reaction score
Not sure if he is asking for help, or venting??
slicedquasar924:
No idea who "Geek Squad" is. But there is, built in, the ability to "Reset" most of the apps, if they give trouble.
"I will leave it with you but I am very reluctant to enter those games again given that I do not need viruses and your games seem to be infected."

Maybe I misread this, but, this site is independent and has no affiliation with Microsoft. The staff, do, however, work hard to undo any problems that users may encounter.

There is, also, a very large difference between a "bug" and a "virus". Ii is 100% unlikely that Microsoft would send out any software infected with a virus, but bugs aplenty. I haven't read of any bugs in that particular game, but it would not surprise me if there were such.

Reaction score
Hi slicedquasar924,

what version of W10 are you running?, if you don't have the latest version (currently 1703), try an upgrade!:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ws-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/#post-64095 :)
Thank you! I checked and I have the latest version of Windows (1703) downloaded on June 13th and it automatically updates when new versions come out. I clicked upgrade just in case a newer one had come out but there were no updates available. Thanks anyway!

Reaction score
I had problems yesterday with the Microsoft Solitaire World Tour and not being able to access the games. The program would start and when I normally entered a game it came up with an ad before entering the game. But yesterday it just went to a blank white screen. Could not get out of it properly so I just had to shut it all down. The game thought I was still logged in so my daily records yesterday showed something like 7 hours to complete when it usually takes me about an hour. I had to call the Geek Squad last night to help and they had to uninstall the program and reinstall for it to work. They told me that it was bug related. Don't know how I got a bug but all I could think of was that blank screen that was supposed to be an advertisement and wondering if I was compromised that way. I will leave it with you but I am very reluctant to enter those games again given that I do not need viruses and your games seem to be infected.

Thank you
I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the App Troubleshooter -This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with the Windows Store.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Reset Windows Store CacheFollow the steps to clear the store cache and check.
a) On the desktop screen, press Windows key + R to open run box.
b) Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

Please refer the below article for further help.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/apps-store

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.
Thank you.

Ask a Question