Speaker Volume Sound

Reaction score
I would like to eliminate the sound when I adjust the volume on the sound icon in the lower right hand area of the task bar. Does anyone know what steps I can take to be able to still adjust the volume, but not hear the loud sound it makes when adjusting?

Thanks,

Michelle Shedoudy

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum. Right click the speaker icon in the lower right corner and select Sounds then in sound schemes select no sounds and click Apply. That will eliminate all the sounds including the one you mentioned. If you want to keep all the pc sounds except that one you can. Pick a sound scheme and after selecting the one you wish to dismiss, click on sounds and scroll down and select none.
To eliminate the sounds at startup you must uncheck the box in the lower left of the Sound screen.

Strangely; after I selected No sounds, I went back to a sound scheme and the sound from the volume control was not there anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am no techie so I am confused after "If you want to keep all the pc sounds except that one you can...
I went back in to Sound and I have a scheme named. Now the other schemes listed are "no sounds", "no sounds modified", and Windows default. How do I dismiss those? I have indicated in the Program Events box, which sound I want to keep (new mail notification) which I chose a ring for. I am sorry I am so non-techie, but I am trying...

Reaction score
You have me confused. Do this; Select no sounds click apply then go back to any sound scheme and click apply. The volume ding should be gone. At least that was my experience.

Ask a Question