Spinning Blue Wheel

Reaction score
Hi,

So It seems the honey moon period is over, after 6 months my Win10 installation is starting to become sluggish and heavy like pretty much every version barring XP before it! At first it felt light and clean but as we all know this doesn't last.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue. Each day I go to work and when I return I switch the screen on an the blue wheel is spinning eternally.

- Skype, Windows Live Mail and Excel which were left open are unresponsive
- Chrome - I can switch the tabs which were left open but refresh doesn't work nor does opening a new tab
- Control+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything
- Sometimes I can right click the task bar to get the 'task manager' option on the menu but again it doesn't do anything

The only fix is to power off the pc at the source and switch back on again.

My PC is a branded Acer quad core with 4gb ram. I have the bare minimum software I need installed and I don't install junk/unecessary software and I'm always careful to ensure I'm not installing any extra junk that gets bundled with other packages. I keep my PC well maintained. How can I debug and investigate this issue.

It's a big disappointment and really quite poor but expected form to again discover that my operating system is slowly dying with the only real solution being a reboot to save my frustration. I probably spend 20-30 minutes a day waiting for the blue wheel of death to stop spinning and the subsequent re-boot required to fix it!

Thank you in advance.

Bob.

Ask a Question