SSD Repair Failing <0x4,0x919f>

Reaction score
I recently added a sata controller to my PC to expand from 2 ssd's to 4 ssd's and I think it has created some issues. I'm trying to factory reset my PC, update drivers, re download windows, and cleanup partitions on my drives better. I'm doing this because I was having issues getting my Nvidia drivers to update and Geforce Experience kept failing to run or install after I uninstalled. I now have uninstalled audio and video drivers and cant reset my pc to fix the other issues. I think there might have been an old OS on the two newest SSD's added to my system but my PC ran fine for about a month other than not being able to update drivers.

So to summerize: Added sata controller +2 ssd's (4 total samsung evo's). Can not update drivers. Uninstalled drivers and geforce experience. Can not reinstall. Can not repair C: drive. Can not restore PC.

I've tried a few different work arounds to reset my pc from other forums with no success. I believe I've narrowed the problem down to my System C: drive after scanning all other drives with no issue.

When I run "Chkdsk C: /r /scan" I get this response:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk C: /r /scan
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is SYSTEM.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
1351936 file records processed.
File verification completed.
Phase duration (File record verification): 10.42 seconds.
16006 large file records processed.
Phase duration (Orphan file record recovery): 0.00 milliseconds.
0 bad file records processed.
Phase duration (Bad file record checking): 0.19 milliseconds.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
6342 reparse records processed.

1750552 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
Phase duration (Index verification): 26.48 seconds.
Found corrupt basic file structure for "\$Extend\$RmMetadata\$TxfLog\$TxfLogContainer00000000000000000007 <0x4,0x919f>"
was not able to send command for self-healing due to lack of memory.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
-GB

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum, I hope we can help.

Probably it is best to post what your hardware is, as a start.

Reaction score
Thank you, Shintaro.

Im using:
Windows 10 64bit
MB: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance RGB PRO
GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
SSD: 2x 1TB Samsung 870 EVO, 2x 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO (2 on Motherboard, 2 on Sata controller)
SATA: VANTEC 2 Channel, 4 Port SATA 6 Gb/s PCle Host Card

I'll also add that I've been trying to get my windows 10 to update in hopes that it solves my issue (Version 22H2, Updates: KB5035845, KB5034441, KB4023057) but no success yet. I've trouble shot enough to get the downloads to at least start now, but error 0x800700c1 remains.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, probably best to do one thing at a time.

I would suggest that you connect one SSD to the onboard controller, get windows installed and happy (all drivers and updates).

Then add the other controller.

That error: 0x800700c1 seems to indicate some type of problem with the file system.

EDIT: Have you installed all the drivers for the motherboard BEFORE adding the additional controller?
MSI B450 Drivers

Ask a Question