Start menu and search bar not working at all.

Reaction score
As the title says, they haven't been working since i've updated to windows 10. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
  1. Right click Start button
  2. select Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. type Powershell at the flashing prompt > Enter.
  4. Paste the following command
  5. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  6. press Enter
  7. wait for PowerShell to execute the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
  8. When it finishes, try the Start menu again.

Reaction score
So this happened to me this morning. Everything worked great, so I decided to run Auslogics Registry Cleaner and it fully broke the start menu and search and all the system icons. I opened up Auslogics registry cleaner and reverted to the backup before it cleaned and everything was back to normal.

Reaction score
NEVER NEVER use any registry cleaner.
Auslogics disk cleaner is good. NOT registry cleaner.

Reaction score
Just tried that and it worked but then 5 minutes later my computer crashed and reset it self.

Reaction score
Repeat, Never use any registry cleaner. Stay away from it.
For accomplished computer experts, go ahead and use it. They know how to fix it if something goes wrong.
If you are not and expert, registry cleaner is a time bomb.

Reaction score
A tad off topic but how do you feel about CCleaners registry cleaner built in to the program?
To add to your question I agree with davidhk129. And with that said, I have never had ill effects while using CCleaner's registry cleaning.

Ask a Question