Stop Code 0x0000082d

Reaction score
Hi,

I keep receiving this stop code after installing Windows 10 and can't find any information on it.

Things I do know:
- It happens after rolling back updates and uninstalling as much software as possible
- It happens again after a fresh install

This stop code happens randomly, sometimes it takes a day or two and other times 3-4 times per day.

Edit: Update on this, I found a solution on another forum, roll-back Broadcom Network Adapter, so trying this out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same here! Started a few weeks back. On my MacBook Pro 2018 i5 in Bootcamp windows. Have rolled back the Broadcom driver too! Lets seee what happens! Absolutely no information in google! Very strange. So thanks for bringing up the issue.

Reaction score
I will report that it has been over one day without a BSOD. I'll consider it solved after a week.

Reaction score
So I have not had the same error code. However, my Internet has dropped once, and I have seen this BSOD when logging off instead:

Kernal Mode Heap Corruption

I agree it is an issue starting with Macbook Bootcamp. It extends to Air as well as Pro.

Reaction score
Same BSOD with stop code 0x0000082d on my MacBook Pro 2018 i9, 32GB, 2TB. In Windows Event Viewer a "Kernel-Power" error with Event ID 41 and key word 70368744177664,2 is recorded. On the MacBook Mac OS 10.14.4 and latest BootCamp Drivers are running. Windows 10 Version is 1809.
I did a re-install of Brodcom Network Adapter as proposed above. Keep you informed About success or non-success ;-)

Reaction score
Update: re-install of Brodcom Network Adapter didn't work :-(
Again BSOD with stop Code 0x0000082d.
Any Suggestion how to solve this Problem?

Reaction score
The Broadcom Network Adapter is definitely the faulty driver. It gives me a bit of mental peace to know that I am not the only one and it is not a problem with my unit. Anyway, after rollback of the Broadcom network adapter driver, the BSOD stopped. I have also disabled hybrid sleep and wireless adapter power saving ( in power option) to low power saving mode. I have also run the laptop for a few days with Throttlestop disabled and enabled, but the system now seems to run stable with throttlestop both active and inactive state.
Then since yesterday, my internet wireless adapter started vanishing after sleep, whenever I would close the lid. The driver was just not showing in the device stack. It would again function normally on restart. So I updated the driver, but it didnt solve the issue. Finally, I uninstalled (not rollback) the driver and the device from device manager, and repaired the original bootcamp installation. Over the last 6 hours it has been running nicely. So fingers crossed. Hope this is of help to others.
Regards

Reaction score
Hi KSDeb, I did a dump-file check with WhoCrashed. It confirmed that the Broadcom driver is creating the headaches. Interesting for me is that my MacBook Pro is working like a Swiss watch movement while I‘m in the office. There the WLAN is distributed by Ubiquiti Access Points. When I‘m at home my MacBook immediately starts crashing in Bootcamp. At home I have WiFi supplied by powerline adapter made by Devolo. Currently, I have switched off all Devolo Adapter. The WLAN signal is just provided by my router FritzBox 7390. And guess... no crashes the entire evening :) . The bad thing is that I have to sit in the cellar to have internet on my MacBook

Reaction score
I haven't had a BSOD for over a week after rolling back the Broadcom driver so I am probably going to consider this solved in terms of that.

But I am not entirely certain it solves all issues, although I do not have the energy to investigate any further.

Reaction score
I've also been getting this error for randomly, sometimes 0 times a day, and sometimes over 5 times a day.

My system is a 2018 MacBook Pro i7 2.6, 32GB, 560X. I will try rolling back the Broadcom driver as mentioned and report my results in about a week.

Reaction score
Unmarked as solved as I received this code again after a month of not having it. I feel it was due to a Windows Update and having no way to roll back the Broadcom Driver now.

I can disable it fully but then I have no Internet. Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
After ~20 hours of discontinuous use of Windows 10 Bootcamp, I have not received the error code. Rolling back the Broadcom driver seems to work for me also.

Reaction score
So, the error is definitely the Broadcom Driver in Windows 10 Bootcamp, and definitely solved by rolling it back.

However, there is no solution right now if there is no option to roll back the driver. I am getting BSODs daily again after Windows Update.

So I need to find a solution to this. Whether this is within the settings of the the device itself, or downloading the last driver manually, or letting Windows or Mac know about the issue and solve it with an update.

If anyone could help with what the best thing to do is or how to do these things it would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
After ~20 hours of discontinuous use of Windows 10 Bootcamp, I have not received the error code. Rolling back the Broadcom driver seems to work for me also.

For anyone who rolling back the Broadcom driver has worked for, is it possible to post the version of the driver that it rolled back to?

E.g. The one that caused issues is:

Driver Date: 13/12/2018
Driver Version: 100.10.459.0

The one that it rolled back to is:

Driver Date: --/--/----
Driver Version: ---.--.---.-

I want to find a way to download the driver manually.

Thanks.

Reaction score
For anyone who rolling back the Broadcom driver has worked for, is it possible to post the version of the driver that it rolled back to?

E.g. The one that caused issues is:

Driver Date: 13/12/2018
Driver Version: 100.10.459.0

The one that it rolled back to is:

Driver Date: --/--/----
Driver Version: ---.--.---.-

I want to find a way to download the driver manually.

Thanks.

Just bumping this as I had to reset Windows 10 due to not being able to find this driver manually

The version of the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter driver that solves the 0x0000082d BSOD is

Driver Date: 25/09/2018
Driver Version: 100.10.330.6

It causes one Kernal_Mode_Heap_Corruption BSOD and is generally speaking fine for weeks unless it is automatically updated.

I consider this driver to solve the problem so will mark the problem as solved if I or anyone else finds a way to upload it or download it manually and test from that side. If the driver isn't backed up this way there is always a chance it will update the rolled-back version so it isn't really solved unless another updated driver fixes the issues but is one way to fix and solve the issue.

Reaction score
Just bumping this as I had to reset Windows 10 due to not being able to find this driver manually

The version of the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter driver that solves the 0x0000082d BSOD is

Driver Date: 25/09/2018
Driver Version: 100.10.330.6

It causes one Kernal_Mode_Heap_Corruption BSOD and is generally speaking fine for weeks unless it is automatically updated.

I consider this driver to solve the problem so will mark the problem as solved if I or anyone else finds a way to upload it or download it manually and test from that side. If the driver isn't backed up this way there is always a chance it will update the rolled-back version so it isn't really solved unless another updated driver fixes the issues but is one way to fix and solve the issue.

Are you saying that to fix this you had to do a fresh install of Windows 10? I just updated yesterday and I've been searching for a fix for a really long time. I don't want to do a fresh install but if I really have to then I guess I will.

Reaction score
Are you saying that to fix this you had to do a fresh install of Windows 10? I just updated yesterday and I've been searching for a fix for a really long time. I don't want to do a fresh install but if I really have to then I guess I will.

Yes. I don't know how to solve the issue externally unless I upload my drivers and give them to you, but I am not certain if that will work as I have never done it before or tested it so don't really know how.

If no one posts them then the only option is to reinstall via bootcamp and back up your files personally, bar finding another way yourself.

I will note that I have to say I have not run into this issue again since downloading the latest bootcamp and the latest windows 10 iso and updating everything on mac and windows.

However, I have ran into a web video playback issue which is almost as equally as annoying and I can't find a fix for and resintalled Windows many times and not fixed, but this BSOD seems to have been fixed via completely updating and reinstalling now.

Reaction score

I uploaded some driver files here

It was a file for myself to test that I didn't need to use after a fresh install. I don't know if I got them all or uploaded the right ones to work but maybe worth a shot to try before a fresh install. Again I have no idea if it will work or I uploaded correctly.

Reaction score
Yes. I don't know how to solve the issue externally unless I upload my drivers and give them to you, but I am not certain if that will work as I have never done it before or tested it so don't really know how.

If no one posts them then the only option is to reinstall via bootcamp and back up your files personally, bar finding another way yourself.

I will note that I have to say I have not run into this issue again since downloading the latest bootcamp and the latest windows 10 iso and updating everything on mac and windows.

However, I have ran into a web video playback issue which is almost as equally as annoying and I can't find a fix for and resintalled Windows many times and not fixed, but this BSOD seems to have been fixed via completely updating and reinstalling now.
I think I found an alternative solution. I just rolled back my Windows 10 update (the entire OS, not just the driver) to a version containing a working driver. I’ve disabled automatic driver installs and updates this time. I’m going to attempt to update again, and before doing so, I’m going to copy the working Broadcom driver. As of now, I'm researching on how to copy the driver.

The tricky thing with the driver is that I just need the one wireless driver. I don’t want to install the items you’ve attached, as I don’t know what hardware you have. Unless you are also running a 2018 i5 Pro with touchbar, it might mess things up because of how device-specific drivers can be. I’ll update with my progress later when I can try to get somewhere with all of this.

Reaction score
I think I found an alternative solution. I just rolled back my Windows 10 update (the entire OS, not just the driver) to a version containing a working driver. I’ve disabled automatic driver installs and updates this time. I’m going to attempt to update again, and before doing so, I’m going to copy the working Broadcom driver. As of now, I'm researching on how to copy the driver.

The tricky thing with the driver is that I just need the one wireless driver. I don’t want to install the items you’ve attached, as I don’t know what hardware you have. Unless you are also running a 2018 i5 Pro with touchbar, it might mess things up because of how device-specific drivers can be. I’ll update with my progress later when I can try to get somewhere with all of this.

That is probably the best solution. I even created a system image after my last install in case I wasn't able to roll back an entire Windows 10 update or stop them in the future. It is sometimes worth doing if you ever get your Mac and Windows combination working well. This is because, even if Windows says it has disabled updates, it can still not disable them or destroy restore points, and it is hard to know if a completely updated fresh install will work better or worse or the same.

Ask a Question