Stop the ads

Reaction score
I am bombarded with ads. Via "Settings" I made some changes, disable, etc.; I disabled OneDrive. I am finding that my computer is slow in downloading web pages as it waits for ads to completely load. Many of the ads reflect searches for items that I performed weeks ago to compare products before purchase. Several of the web sites that I frequent now have ads appearing where they did not prior to Windows 10. I am to the point of going back to Windows 7 or 8.1. I realize that ads are a given with free Internet, but Windows 10 is ridiculous. How much of this ad crap can be blocked?

Reaction score
Try this... Click Start, then Settings, then Update & security, then with Windows Update selected, select Advanced options. On that window, select Privacy settings. On that window, make sure the 'Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps' is Off, as shown here:

upload_2015-11-3_22-1-30.png

Ask a Question