Storage issues

Reaction score
My younger brother gave me his windows 'hp stream' laptop. I wanted to reset the whole computer but it told me I needed 3 gb of storage. So I went and started uninstalling the things he had downloaded and the storage never went down. I even deleted EVERYTHING I could plus emptied the recycling bin and nothing change. After I managed to restore it back to the last update I looked at the storage to see whats taking up so much space and it seems to be all system related. I couldn't delete it if I wanted to... what do I do?
forum.JPG

Reaction score
You seem to be maxed out my windows folder is 31 GB, I just looked up your notebook and sure enough, it comes with 32 Gb of storage. I can't help you my notebook has 32 GB of RAM, I have no Idea how your suppose to do anything at all with that notebook? I guess someone with tablet experience will have some ideas for you I hope.

Reaction score
Hi cassie,

take a look here if you want to keep the data (Reset) on the drive:

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/re-install-w10-and-keep-your-files-app-data-intact.15825/

IF you don't want the data, select "Custom" and remove the partitions BUT MAKE SURE YOU DON'T ERASE ANY RECOVERY PARTITION YOU MIGHT HAVE AS IT MAY RENDER YOUR COMPUTER USELESS!!!. ;)

I have tried that and it tells me I need 3 GB of storage in order to do it. There is nothing to delete in order to make room?

Reaction score
I have tried that and it tells me I need 3 GB of storage in order to do it. There is nothing to delete in order to make room?

Then your left with performing a clean install that will format your storage device and hopefully install a minimum windows 10 install my guess would be to run it in tablet mode you can download and create an Install USB media from Microsoft using MCT A great tutorial is you need it. Any other users of these very small storage devices please chime in I have no idea what to with that little storage.

Reaction score
I just performed a clean install and the last cumulative update to bring my PC up to 1709.16299.371. If I remember correctly it required 21GB of HD storage. You mentioned your HD is 29GB, not much wiggle room there for anything else.

Reaction score
Hi Cassie,

you should also remove any unwanted apps that MS install without asking people like nearly 1GB in games alone, check your apps list and remove what you don't want/need:

apps and features.JPG

:)

Ask a Question